The Delta First 5 Center, located in Brentwood, implemented a new nutrition policy last year. Perhaps your organization may want to consider ringing in the New Year by adopting a new healthful snack policy.
Here’s Delta’s nutrition policy, which has been embraced both by the Center’s staff and families. The Delta First 5 Center:
- Will not serve sugar-sweetened beverages, including 100% fruit juice, to children at any of the Center’s activities, events or celebrations.
- Will provide low-calorie whole grain cereal snacks on a daily basis and fresh fruits and vegetables when possible.
- Will serve whole fruit slices in place of 100% juice or flavored punch when possible.
- Will always provide water free of charge for children and their families.
- May provide additional beverages for children including healthy alternatives such as carbonated water (flavored or unflavored) without sweeteners and non-fat or 1% milk (plain, not flavored).