Help Working Families Put Money Back in their Pockets
Every day, parents and guardians trust you with their children. They know you have their best interest in mind, and they rely on your expertise. That’s why we need your help to let working families know about the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) and Young Child Tax Credit. These credits put thousands of dollars in the pockets of families, helping them move out of poverty and up the economic ladder.
The California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) and Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC) are proven, effective tools to help move working families out of poverty and up the economic ladder. Together with the federal EITC, these credits can put thousands of dollars in the pockets of working families.
For the first time in 2021, tax filers with an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) are eligible for the CalEITC and YCTC credits, meaning outreach to immigrant communities is especially important this year. We hope you’ll use the tools below to help spread the word about the CalEITC and YCTC to families and providers in your community. More resources, as well as tax preparation help, are available through the United Ways of California and California Franchise Tax Board websites.
Click here to view CalEITC Outreach Resources (in English & Spanish) provided by the First 5 Association , including:
- Trusted Messenger Talking Points: English | Spanish
- Newsletter Copy: English | Spanish
- PowerPoint Template: English | Spanish
- One-page PPT Slide: English | Spanish
- Social Media Toolkit: English | Spanish
- Radio Readers: English | Spanish
- Webpage Copy: English | Spanish (Coming Soon)
CalEITC4Me also has an excellent suite of resources to share with families, including:
- A variety of 1-page print flyers: English | Spanish
- Social Media images (click through for English and Spanish)