What is the California Relief Grant Program?
The California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program (the “Program”) provides micro grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to eligible small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19 and the related health and safety restrictions.
On November 30, 2020, Governor Newsom and the State Legislature announced the allocation of $500 million to the Program to be administered by the California Office of the Small Business Advocate (CalOSBA) at the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development.
Lendistry has been designated by the state to act as the intermediary for the Program to disburse the grant funds.
ROUND 1: Closed January 13, 2021
- Application Opens: December 30, 2020 at 6:00 AM PST
- Application Closes: January 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST
- Start of Selection Notifications: January 15, 2021
Applicants who submitted their application and submitted all documentation in the first round do not need to reapply; qualified applications will be automatically rolled over into the next funding round for consideration.
ROUND 2: Opens February 2, 2021
- Application Closes: February 8, 2021
- Selection Notifications: February 11 – 18, 2021
Round 2 is the final application window for the Program. Grant awards for businesses in the second application window will be made in two decision rounds for funding.
Get your documentation in order to be prepared to apply when the application window opens.
- Application Certification: Signed certification used to certify your business
- Business Financial Information:
- Most recent tax return filed (2019 or 2018) – provided in an electronic form for online upload, such as PDF/JPEG or other approved upload format.
- Copy of official filing with the California Secretary of State, if applicable, or local municipality for the business such as one of the following: Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Organization, Fictitious Name of Registration or Government-Issued Business License.
- Government Issued Photo ID: Such as a Driver’s License or Passport
One complete application will qualify you to be considered for both rounds, please only apply once.
Applying through multiple organizations will delay your application from being processed.
Owners of multiple businesses, franchises, locations, etc. will be considered for only one grant and are required to apply for the business with the highest revenue.
Additional on-demand webinars are available in multiple languages:
State of California COVID-19 Small Business Grant Round 2 Webinar: Hosted by California Small Business Development Center, a CA Relief Grant partner in Contra Costa County.
Click here to view additional partners in Contra Costa County.
The agenda includes discussing:
- The Grant Program
- Eligibility Requirements
- What the funding can be used for
- The Application
- Required Documents
- Who to Contact for Assistance
Webinars Occur at 11 AM Daily:
- Monday, February 1
- Tuesday, February 2
- Wednesday, February 3
- Thursday, February 4
- Friday, February 5
- Monday, February 8