- This event has passed.
HOW NONPROFITS CAN LEGALLY ADVOCATE
September 18 @ 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
You are invited to a training by Alliance for Justice for Contra Costa County community leaders and organizations hosted by The San Francisco Foundation, in collaboration with Family Economic Security Partnership, First 5 Contra Costa, Ensuring Opportunity, Lift Up Contra Costa, East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy, Faith Alliance for a Moral Economy, the Racial Justice Coalition and the Budget Justice Coalition
The training will take place on Tuesday, September 18 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm at the First Presbyterian Church (1935 Colfax Street, Concord), which is in walking distance from the Concord BART Station. During this training, participants will learn how nonprofits can legally advocate for public policy and community change at every level of government AND what nonprofits need to know in California to get involved in a ballot measure campaign.
Worry-Free Lobbying Topics:
- 501(c)(3) organizations’ rights to lobby;
- Your annual lobbying limit;
- What does and doesn’t count as lobbying; and
- How to make the most of your lobbying power.
Understanding California Ballot Measure Disclosure Topics:
- Which ballot measure activities do not require registering or reporting under state law;
- The activities and thresholds that trigger registration and reporting requirements;
- How different approaches to raising money for ballot measure campaigns will lead to different reporting requirements; and
- Different options for engaging in ballot measure campaigns.