Early care and education providers spend every day helping children learn and grow. Now it’s their turn!
For more than 20 years, the Professional Development Program (PDP) has helped Contra Costa’s child care providers advance their education and training in early childhood education, and rewarded them when they do. Child care providers working in Contra Costa County with children birth to age five may be eligible for stipends when they earn six units of college coursework, meet education milestones, complete training hours.
The 2022-2023 Professional Development Program (PDP) Application Period is open!
Welcome to the 2022-2023 Professional Development Program (PDP) with stipends for eligible childcare providers working with children ages 0-5 years in Contra Costa County. You may apply between 9/1/2022 – 10/31/2022.
Please download this year’s Program Guide:
Please view this 10-minute welcome video (subtítulos en español):
To apply, please log into your Early Care & Education Workforce Registry Account under the “Stipends and Pathways” tab.
To support your application journey, we highly recommend a PDP Kick-off Event from September 14-September 20 offered at different times of the day. During each of these sessions, we will walk you through the process of using the Workforce Registry to apply to PDP.
September PDP Kick-off Event Dates:
- Sep. 14, Wed. 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Sep. 15, Thu. 6 – 8pm
- Sep. 16, Fri. 12 – 2pm
- Sep. 17, Sat. 9:30 – 11:30am
- Sep. 20, Tue. 6 – 8pm
A brief list of the application steps is listed below:
- Update your profile in the My Tools & Settings dropdown on the menu.
- Navigate to “Stipends & Pathways” → Select “Application” → Confirm Profile Information → Select “Contra Costa Professional Development Program.”
- Review the program description (same information as the PDP Guide) and select “Continue to Online Application.”
- Complete the application questions.
- After completing relevant information and reviewing the Statement of Understanding, click “Submit Stipend Application” when ready.
More details on how to apply can also be found in this tutorial video.
Setting up a Workforce Registry Account
To set up a Workforce Registry Account:
- Go to www.caregistry.org and click “Register Now.”
- Once registered, you will receive an email with a link to activate your account.
- Click the link and log in. You must log in to activate your account.
For general PDP-related questions, please email Elida Treanor (firstname.lastname@example.org).