Be a Part of the Solution for Antioch Housing!
Antioch CHANGE: Community Housing Assessment of Needs, Gaps, and Equity
Antioch CHANGE starts with a belief that housing is a human right and every Antioch child needs a safe, decent, and stable home. With that belief as the foundation, Antioch CHANGE is a community led effort to understand Antioch’s housing needs and take action for increased housing equity.
In the news:
- Tenant advocates rally at Antioch apartments to urge leaders to pass renter protections, Bay City News
- As statewide protections end, California renters demand more rights, East Bay Times
- Antioch residents to rally for stable, safe, affordable housing, The Press
- Antioch residents rally for safe, affordable housing in response to rent increases, East County Today
- Antioch residents rally for safe and affordable housing in response to blatant rent increases, Maverick Arts
- Telemundo 48, June 22, 2022, at 6PM and 11PM
The East County Regional Group (ECRG)
The ECRG is a multicultural volunteer parent advocacy group working to build power for healthy, safe, and equitable communities for young children and families.
In Spring 2021, the ECRG launched Antioch CHANGE and gathered over 1000 surveys from Antioch residents. To share the results of the data collected and develop policy recommendations for increased housing equity, the ECRG and its partners hosted two community townhalls in September 2021 and February 2022.
Continuing to build from the results of the assessment, ECRG leaders and allies are advocating for tenant protections to stop skyrocketing rents, unfair evictions, and landlord harassment of renters.
Be a part of parent-led change:
To learn more and take action for housing stability for young children and families, or to join us for our monthly ECRG meeting (every 3rd Wednesday of the month), please contact Cecilia at (925) 375-6057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is hosted by the following community organizations: