When You Have Concerns About Your Child’s Development

ECLA_RedFlagBroch_2013.inddIf you have concerns about your child’s development, it’s best to seek help right away. That’s because children benefit most when concerns are addressed early in life. Your child may need further assessment from an early intervention provider or a health specialist, so get help today.

Follow these steps:

Step 1: Talk with Your Pediatrician

Schedule an appointment with your pediatrician or health care provider. If you’ve had developmental screening for your child, take the screening results with you. Depending on the concerns you have about your child, and the type of health insurance you have, your doctor can inform you about next steps.

Step 2: Get Your Child Assessed  Continue reading